10 Simple Ways To Save Money On Your Monthly Bills
January 27, 2018
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Saving money is one of the most important things to do if you are trying to pay off debt, looking to make a large purchase such as a car or a house, or even if you are planning on starting a family. It’s never too late to start saving money, and it is as easy as making just a few small adjustments to your daily and monthly habits. I’ve created a list of 10 ways to easily adjust your spending each month to save you hundreds on your monthly bills. Implementing these simple tips can save you so much money in the long run!
- Make your coffee at home– Making this change has saved me more than $50 a month! I used to drink a large coffee at Dunkin Donuts every single morning, and sometimes I would even throw in a donut or bagel. Now that I make my coffee at home, I am less tempted to spend the extra money on food, and my daily coffee averages out to about $0.60 a day! Plus, think of all of the extra calories saved as well! P.S. One of my favorite coffee brands to make at home is Starbuck’s Caramel Flavored Coffee…delicious!
- Use Ibotta to get cash back on groceries– With Ibotta, you earn cash back from your regular purchases at the store! You can even get cash back just for submitting your grocery receipt! You can earn $10 by just signing up through my link and redeeming your first rebate. Make sure to enter the referral code YRAYRY so you can claim your first $10 as a welcome bonus!
- Make a weekly (or monthly) meal plan– By having a plan, you’re less likely to waste money on unnecessary items in the grocery store, and you are much less likely to dine out or order food to go!
- Buy generic brands– They are typically 20-30% less expensive than name brand products while still having the same ingredients!
- Get rid of cable TV– There are so many other options to cable, such as Netflix or Hulu. You can even buy a digital antenna for your TV and watch local channels for FREE!!
- Cancel your gym membership– There are so many at home workouts that you can find online that can be just as good as the gym. Plus, you won’t waste gas or time driving there and back!
- Switch car insurance companies– If you have been with your current car insurance company for a long time, it is very likely that you will get a better deal at a new one just by switching. You don’t even have to wait for your current insurance to expire; you can switch at any time!
- Reduce your credit card interest rate– If you have been paying all of your bills on time, it could be as easy as one short phone call to reduce your interest rate on your credit cards. I have even had some of mine dropped to 0% for a year! This has saved me so much money in the long run.
- Make your own cleaning supplies– My favorite is adding equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle and using it as a multi surface cleaner. I can even use it on my mirrors and windows without any streaking! It doesn’t leave any vinegar smell, plus it is non-toxic!
- Make your own laundry detergent– You can save so much money on laundry detergent just by making your own! It works really well, too!
See how easy it can be to shave money off of your monthly expenses! By implementing these tips, you can save so much money each month and use it towards other things to make your life easier.
How do you save money on your monthly bills?